Wednesday, May 6, 2009

After one year I am finally hitting the BLOG!

So the Derby has come and gone...who won this year anyway? I guess it doesn't matter since we weren't there, eh?

It's one year later-my life has been turned upside down with our big move to the DC metropolitan area. I'm still trying to catch my breath from having baby number four! Really, life has been good. We've grown so much and I'd like to think that we are all getting a little better at being us.

We made our way down south for Easter week at North Myrtle Beach with the bigger than life Giles clan who we just can't stay too far away from. We LOVE our days spent with extended family.


As of late we are on the move again. Looking for another rental before we decide how deep we want to plant ourselves. Our little town of Vienna is what we thought it would be and so far nothing tells us to look elsewhere. Besides that, we love our ward. It has been a great comfort to us.


My boyfriend Blair is taking his babe to France for the French Open! Well, that is the plan for now. With kids you never quite know what will really end up happening. I expedited my passport today and hope to be on a plane for Europe! Who would have thought I'd ever cross the sea! Anybody else want to come? It's our 10 year anniversary this month. Blair's parents and grandparents joined us on our honeymoon to the Ba
hamas and thought it was funny so they sandwiched our room between the both of theirs! Are they coming to Europe to celebrate the 10 year, one might ask? Of course! So again...anybody else wanna come? It is really going to be wonderful. I can't wait!

4 comments:

theSwensenFamily said...

I can't believe everything I'm seeing! First, you're blogging. I love it! Second, you are going to Europe and the French Open (are you kidding me? You guys have such connections) and third, your in-laws are going with you even though it's kind-of-sort-of your anniversary celebration? I guess it really wouldn't be a second honeymoon with out them since they were there for the first! I want in too!

We were just talking about you guys as we watched the derby on T.V. That was such a fun time for all of us...hats, dresses and all! We miss you guys a ton! We totally need to chat about all this fun stuff. Hope all is well with your sweet family! Love you!

Alyssa said...

Yeah for Cynthia blogging! Yeah for Paris! I'd love to come! We thought of you too while we watched the derby--and reminiscing on my weekend as a parent!!

Methodical Wormer said...

Oh how I have missed y'all.

Girl, how come I never heard that honeymoon story? That is CRAZY!

I am so happy that you get to go to Paris. That will be amazing. Can we hide in your suitcases?

audra garrett said...

Yay! It's great to see your blog! You are awesome and I'm glad that I can keep up with you on here. I wish we could've seen each other while we are both on the east coast, but with the army you never know when we'll be back here. We move in two weeks and I get to go to Idaho for around two weeks! So excited! I'll be driving past Fort Hall a few times (isn't that where your mom is?) How is she doing? I hope you are doing good. That's pretty awesome that you get to do so many fun things with your hubby!!! Keep me posted! Luv, Audra