Saturday, May 10, 2008

Kentucky Derby

Blair and I were invited by the Govenor of Kentucky to be his guests for the Kentucky Derby weekend. The prep work was killer as I had to search high and low for the perfect attire to wear for the luncheon, black tie and then of course, the derby. It was an amazing experience. We were treated very well. My favorite part was riding the govenors train from Frankfort to Louisville for the Derby. We ate breakfast on the way and then enjoyed dinner and dancing on the ride home. It was a much needed all expenses paid getaway for Blair and I. We left the kids in good hands and enjoyed some alone time. You may want to rub shoulders with a govenor in the future...it makes for an extremely nice, oh I don't know...second honeymoon?

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Look at you--day one and you already posted something :)

theSwensenFamily said...

Cynthia! I love that you're blogging. I hope you keep this up so I can see what you are up to! I am going to miss you so much when you move! You've been the greatest friend to me! Your blog looks great! You're going to love this! Call me or Alyssa if you get frustrated or stuck!