"Let your family be filled with love as you honor the Sabbath all day long and experience its spiritual blessings throughout the week."
Elder L. Tom Perry of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles
Sabbath Keeping
Journaling. Letter writing. Pretty picture making.
Scripture reading. Church magazining. Jesus movie watching.
Family phone calling. Purposeful visiting. Pondering.
Cuddling. Praying. Planning. Goal making. Family walking.
Napping. Together eating. Mormon messaging.
Church attending. Sacrament taking. TRUTH embracing.
Sabbath Keeping
This idea is what I call a "Mommy Message". I have plenty of them posted around the house. Here's one of Blair's favorites:
When I left for Idaho several weeks ago I left this note taped to the cabinet in the kitchen. Every mother knows what's coming each morning or night or day or week or month or year..."Mom, where's my...?" I didn't have time to fold the laundry so I dumped it on the couch downstairs. My mommy message read:
What's your message?
Today, mine was Sabbath Keeping.
Scripture reading. Church magazining. Jesus movie watching.
Family phone calling. Purposeful visiting. Pondering.
Cuddling. Praying. Planning. Goal making. Family walking.
Napping. Together eating. Mormon messaging.
Church attending. Sacrament taking. TRUTH embracing.
Sabbath Keeping
This idea is what I call a "Mommy Message". I have plenty of them posted around the house. Here's one of Blair's favorites:
When I left for Idaho several weeks ago I left this note taped to the cabinet in the kitchen. Every mother knows what's coming each morning or night or day or week or month or year..."Mom, where's my...?" I didn't have time to fold the laundry so I dumped it on the couch downstairs. My mommy message read:
"If you have any questions ask the couch downstairs.
She will be able to answer many, if not all of them."
GILES
God fearing Inspired Leaders Exemplifying the Savior
I woke up at 3am to little McKay. I comforted him. Then there were my thoughts followed by the spirit which left me turning to my journal. My journal entry led me to my blog, although I must admit that my entry has little to do with Sabbath Keeping...It's a service idea that's been keeping me up. Hopefully soon it will become a reality. At that point it will make more sense to share it with you. Today, a talk was given in church by a woman who is on the Stake Public Relations committee. She said that there is a wave coming and it's time for us to ride it. SO if you've had some inspired ideas that will motivate others to come unto Christ my hope is that you will jump on them. Just know that you will lose sleep in the process. Peaceful minds foster powerful ideas. Ha! Another mommy message.She will be able to answer many, if not all of them."
Another message that has been a tremendous strength to us is our family name. We do this every morning and night after our family prayer. It is in cheer form, never leaving out the many hands that are piled on top of each other, with a "Go, Giles!" at the end. I highly recommend that you create one of your own.
God fearing Inspired Leaders Exemplifying the Savior
What's your message?
Today, mine was Sabbath Keeping.



No comments:
Post a Comment